The Cross-Platform xBase.
Harbour is a compiler for the xBase superset language often referred to as Clipper (the language that is implemented by the compiler CA-Clipper). Harbour is a cross-platform compiler and is known to compile and run on:
- Windows (32/64-bit, CE)
Harbour is a free and open-source project. It can be used to make open source applications, free or nonfree products. To learn more about Harbour license, visit here.
Why use it?
- Because it is free software 100% compatible with Clipper compilers.
- Because it removes some of the limits imposed by the base implementation but the extent of this will depend on your chosen platform.
- Because Harbour is proven to be stable, robust and efficient.
- Because Harbour supports RDDs (Replaceable Database Drivers) to allow multiple data sources which allows an application to scale.
- Because Harbour is portable across multiple operating systems with the same code base.
- Because Harbour’s architecture is fully open and supports a third-party add on market.
- Because Harbour is open-source and therefore you are not at the mercy of the decisions of a private company.
- Because Harbour is developed by an experienced and capable team of developers.
Most importantly, try Harbour for yourself, decide for yourself why it has advantages for you. This product will be a harbour for Clipper.