Improve this page
Harbour is a compiler for the xBase superset language often referred to as
Clipper (the language that is implemented by the compiler CA-Clipper).
Harbour is a cross-platform compiler and is known to compile and run on:
- Windows (32/64-bit, CE)
Harbour is a free and open-source project. It can be used to make open
source applications, free or nonfree products. To learn more about
Why use it?
- Because it is free software 100% compatible with Clipper compilers.
- Because it removes some of the limits imposed by the base implementation
but the extent of this will depend on your chosen platform.
- Because Harbour is proven to be stable, robust and efficient.
- Because Harbour supports RDDs (Replaceable Database Drivers) to allow
multiple data sources which allows an application to scale.
- Because Harbour is portable across multiple operating systems with the same
- Because Harbour’s architecture is fully open and supports a third-party add
- Because Harbour is open-source and therefore you are not at the mercy of
the decisions of a private company.
- Because Harbour is developed by an experienced and capable team of
Most importantly, try Harbour for yourself, decide for yourself why it has
advantages for you. This product will be a harbour for Clipper.